For addressbook contacts on osx lion and later:
- Open addressbook (which is now called ‘contacts’)
- Goto preferences > accounts
- Tick the ‘synchronize with google’ checkbox
- Enter your google account information
For addressbook on snow leopard and earlier:
Basically there are 3 steps.
- Enable google
and yahoo in the addressbook preferences
You need to enable yahoo so that it will sync properly.
- Enable isync in the top bar thingy
OK, so on to step one.
- Open addressbook. goto preferences > general.
Tick the box for enable yahoo sync.
Fill in your details
- Tick the box for enable google sync.
- Fill in your details.
If the option to enable google sync is missing then you need to plug-in an ipod touch or an iphone, or search google for a way to enable it without one.
You need to enable yahoo syncing so that the next step works.
Now on to step two.
- Open up isync (applications > isync)
- Goto preferences
- Tick enable syncing on this computer
- Tick ‘show status in menu bar’
Now on to step 3.
- Hit the big sync devices button in isync or goto the menu bar and click the sync icon
- Sync now.
You will now have all your gmail contacts in addressbook and will most likely need to sort them all and merge a few. good luck.
Tags for How to sync your mac osx addressbook / contacts to gmail contacts.