I have released multiloquent – the theme I use for jonathansblog to the public:
you can get it here:
I have a github if you want a cutting-edge version (but it will be broken frequently)
This is the readme.txt for multiloquent theme v9
- a wordpress theme with 10 dynamic sidebars in various locations
- using twitter bootstrap complete with yaarp related posts theme,
- dynamic top10 front page featured posts, fontawesome icons,
- category index page template,
- tag index page template and 4 post templates.
- Version 6.1.0 adds wordpress theme customisation API for theme colours and text colours.
- Version 6.4.0 adds support for custom header images
- Version 7.0.0 adds support for bootswatch themes via the customisation panel
- Version 7.1.0 adds a selector to switch between tags and excerpts in archives and the featured posts display
- version 9.1.0 adds internationalisation
Multiloquent is responsive and uses bootstrap for interface elements.
- Multiloquent is available here
- Multiloquent has a github repo
- Support questions should be submitted in the wordpress multiloquent theme support site
For the latest news / information on multiloquent theme, please check the multiloquent blog
they are used as the post header image unless a featured image has been set against that post, in which case, the featured image is used
Using the wordpress customisation panel you can select between all of the themes from bootswatch.com and they will be applied to your site (aswell as the multiloquent theme and berebones bootstrap too)
- sidebar top
- mobile specific advert
- non-mobile specific advert
- sidebar middle
- sidebar bottom
- footer top left
- footer top right
- social media
- footer bottom left
- footer bottom right
Multiloquent has a slide-out sidebar with a built in search form and a wordpress menu (assigned in admin > appearance > menu) there are also 3 widget areas in this sidebar.
These are bootstrap ‘label’ style buttons and will have different colours based on the total number of times the tag has been used across all posts / pages on your site.
- Version 6.1.0 adds support for wordpress theme customisation API.
- Currently supports changing background, text and border colours of the main theme elements.
- Version 6.2 adds support for the main background colours and the slide-out sidebar menu.
The main slider on the homepage will use your top five posts (by views) if you have the top10 plugin installed otherwise it will use your 5 most recent as a fallback.
Multiloqient gets the image from the ‘featured image’ against the post if it exists, if it doesnt then it uses a default image.
category-index.php is a page template incase someone wants to make a page that displays ‘all available categories in hierarchical order’
- sort of a ‘top level category page’ – it only contains links to category archives. to activate, simply make a page in your system and assign the category or tag template.
tag-index.php is a page template incase someone wants to make a page that displays ‘all available tags in alphabetical order’
- sort of a ‘top level tag page’ – it only displays links to tag archives to activate, simply make a page in your system and assign the category or tag template.
Posts with a featured image display the featured image in the header of the site.
Version 6.2 adds a ‘featured posts’ area under the main header that is shown on the posts.
This shows 4 posts from the same data as the homepage slider.
Multiloquent has a theme for TW Recent Posts Widget ‘yarpp‘ – yet another related posts plugin. It will auto include the related posts in the post page if its installed. [I suggest that you pick multiples of 3 for the number of related posts to show – 3 will be one row, 6 will be two rows]
Multiloquent has support for jetpack sharing plugins. [and puts them in the correct position in your post if you have it installed].
if you use custom post template
- Default with comments at the right hand side in desktop (under the post in mobile)
- Full width post with comments underneath
- Adventures: this auto inserts a google map if your post is titled ‘placeA to placeB’
- eg ‘Glasgow to London’ will insert a google map with a route pre-selected – comments are disabled on this post template.
- Full width post with no header image or footer
- useful for creating these one-page full-width layouts
- Multiloquent is licenced under the GPLv3 – please see the included LICENCE file
- Multiloquent uses bootstrap v3.3.4 – Apache-20 Licence
- Multiloquent uses font-awesome – SiL Open Font Licence
- Multiloquent uses styles from bootswatch – MIT Licence