How to create an iso from a dvd or cd in mac osx: This will show you how to create an iso image from a cd or dvd in mac osx.
- goto applications > utilities > disk utility
- insert your dvd with the data that you want to make an iso from
- the disk will appear in disk utility on the left hand side
- click on the name of the disk [not the name of the cd / dvd drive]
- click the ‘new image’ icon on the top bar
- select ‘cd / dvd master’ form the ‘type’ dropdown
- it will then make you an iso image [it will have the extension ‘cdr’]
- change the extension to .iso
You now know how to create an iso from a dvd or cd in mac osx !
You now have an iso image built from a cd or dvd on your mac without using any third party programs and without downloading extra software!
Sources: Apple Support