This page will show you how to zoom in with your iPhone camera when you take photos. You will also find out how to view the zoom bar so that you can zoom in and out using that. Every iPhone and iPad that have a camera have the same feature. The iphone camera zoom is a digital one and the actions are the same. The camera app interface does get updated and changes between iOS versions, but the trick is the same. For all versions. If you have an older iphone or ipad, then the pinch feature may not work, but you will still be able to use the zoom bar
Here’s how iphone camera zoom works
- Open the camera app. (or swipe your lock screen to reveal the camera from the right).
- Using two fingers, do the ‘Pinch to zoom’ action. (the same as you do in photos).
- You can use the pinch to zoom action to zoom in and out.
- You will also see the zoom bar at the bottom of the screen.
- You can use the bar to zoom in or out. Just slide the dot towards the + or – to zoom in or out.
The zoom feature on the iPhone only does digital zooming this means the lens doesnt move, but the picture is enlarged using software. This means that if you zoom in too far then the pictures get distorted and show pixels. The camera and photo zoom shares the same action – pinching.
With every version of iOS apple seem to move / play with the settings.
You can focus on different things by tapping the screen with one finger. A yellow box will appear round the item focused on. This comes in helpful when the camera cant find the object you want to capture. It does take a little time for the camera to adjust. In some cases the moment has passed before the camera fixes itself :(
There is a good ‘getting started’ guide on apples support site – there are lots of cool things in the guide to do with the camera, so check it out if you are looking to explore the features in your camera, like HDR and flash settings.