well, I am planning a cycle to stonehenge in july. as a practice run I am going to cycle from glasgow to loch lomond, along this route with all my gear, pitch my tent for the night, and cycle back the next day. there are about 6 of us going, but only 3 or 4 will be cycling, the others are cheating and driving =P
still, itll be nice and it will let me know if there is something that I need to get, or if theere is styuff that im carrying that I dont need. it will also let the others know that its not easy and that they need the proper stuff!
what Im taking with me to loch lomond:
- bike (obviously)
- panniers (obviously)
- sleeping bag
- inflatable matterss
- cooking gear (mess tins, cup, gas stove, knife, fork, spoon etc)
- bike tools (multi tool, puncture repair kit, pump, etc)
- knife, folding saw, paracord (most important =)
- some food (thinking I might make lemon chicken and rice, or noodles, so id need chichen, lemons and rice or noodles and stuff for the morning=)
- coffee,sugar, salt, etc (im going to get a wee box of the starbucks instant coffee! )
- first aid kit – if needs be ill have a towel, anything more than that and ill use my iphone.
I dont need more than this, infact, I probably need less, im going to pick up alcohol in balloch, so that I dont have to carry it the whole way, I am also going to get my chicken breasts from the coop in balloch (i checked google maps to see where it was =) that way I dont have to carry loads of stuff all day too.
I will be posting lots of photos, but I dont have any way to charge anything yet, so if my phone dies, and my camera dies, then im goosed =P
hopefully by the time I go on the 700 mile cycle then ill have a way to be totally self sufficient (all I need is a way to charge my gadgets! )